From a pamphlet in historical archives:
The Village of North Hudson was incorporated on June 10, 1912 from part of the Town of Hudson which was then a township in St. Croix County. While the 1890 census figures showed the population of North Hudson at 26, the village had its own post office, a feed mill and the Omaha Railroad shops and depot.
North Hudson is located on the St. Croix River in northwest Wisconsin. It is 65 miles west of Eau Claire and 12 miles east of St. Paul, Minnesota on highway 35.
See also the description on the North Hudson Pepperfest website at http://pepperfest.org/north-hudson-history/
Address:Village of North Hudson Zoning Map
Address:Village of North Hudson Leads the County on Brainpower Index